Here’s to hoping 2014 is off to a great start for everyone! Thought we would share some humor (mainly at our own expense) for all of you DIY Divas (or dudes) out there. If you’ve ever gone through a remodel, you can probably relate to most of the things on this list – and if you’re just dipping your toe into the pool of renovation…buckle up.
- Things do not go as planned. No matter how “easy” the project.
- Your new best friend will be John – from the paint department at Lowe’s.
- Planning only gets you so far. There are always unforeseen obstacles.
- Your problem solving ability (and patience) will be tested to the highest degree possible.
- If you ever are on Family Feud, you hope you get the
50Shades of Gray Paint.” You've got that on lock.
- Weekends no longer include late night shenanigans; more like going to bed early because you have a long list of to-do’s that need to be turned into to-dones.
- Construction zones can be made livable.
- Tools are stored everywhere. Literally, every closet…tools.
- Your finest china might just be Styrofoam and your dining room, the family room because, well – the kitchen isn’t quite complete yet.
- 5-star accommodations may include plastic tarps for walls & one working outlet.
- High class living = a completed project. What, no half-painted trim? No plywood floor? I have a working ceiling light? What kind of mansion is this?!
- You hate dry wall dust. With a passion.
- You vow after the renovation is complete, you will never touch a paint roller ever again – until the next time.
- Little things get you excited. Woohoo, new outlet covers!!
- Having paint in your hair, on your clothes, all over your body is not odd. No, that’s not a new abstract tattoo; I just painted the bathroom this weekend.
- Post-reno you rediscover all sorts of clothing you forgot about. Hello, wardrobe that has been packed away for 2 years!
- It’s not always about having the right tool as much as it is about improvising with the tools you have on hand.
- No, it’s not weird to have a tape measure in your purse.
- Cosmo? No, this is a Southern Living magazine – excuse me while I drool over this picture of a completed living room. BOWCHICKABOWWOW!
- Stalking clearance appliances is totally acceptable.
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT: We have reached 100 “likes” on Facebook!!!! Do you know what that means? Yep, GIVEAWAY time. Within the next few days keep your eye on the blog and/or Facebook because we will be getting details out soon.
Love, Christie & Kate